Where do I go from Here?

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Roomie


Clayton is moving in with me....Yeah, that's kinda scary. Clayton is our Student Ministry worship leader and my new roomate. He'll be moving in sometime in September. The idea of taking on a roomate had never crossed my mind until one day a couple weeks ago, he said, "Why don't you let me move in with you." I was like, "Uh, no Clayton, I don't do the whole roomate thing." I mean, don't get me wrong, I like company, and all that, but I like my space. In college I had a roomate for 4 months, he was a nice guy and all, but, again, I needed my space. So I paid out the butt for a one-bedroom apartment. But it was worth it not to have to worry about someone watching MY TV, or snooping through the pile of MY dirty clothes in the middle of the floor, or eating MY left over On the Border.

But I guess times change...

I'm actually kind of excited about Clayton moving in. Yesterday I built a wall and enclosed his room (the Snakeroom) and had a pretty good time doing it. Him being there will bring alot of things to the table. 1) Accountability in the housekeeping arena. Not that I'm not a decent housekeeper, but it sure is alot easier to wash the dishes when they start stinkin rather than one at a time. Besides, whose gonna see them but me, right? Not anymore, I will be forced to wash dishes and clothes fiscally, and keep the house clean. This is a good thing. 2) It will give Clayton and I a chance to get closer, and maybe even do some discipleship. This will be a good thing. 3) He's gonna be helping me with expenses, so that's always good. All in all I think this will be a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home