Where do I go from Here?

Sunday, July 16, 2006

No freebies...

Man, I'm just sick and tired of the apathy in the church. I don't know what is causing it or what root it stems from, but it drives me insane. Before I get to carried away, I want to say that I've noticed a good bit of apathy in my own life, so I'm preaching at myself too. I don't want to be one of those guys who says, remember the good old days, but dang, I can remember a time when people cared about Christ. A time when people cared about advancing their walk, and growing closer to Him. A time when students would clear their calenders for a week of camp, and adults would take a week of vacation for it. Now...nothing of the sort. Students have to work, or babysit, or "my parents won't let me," and adults are no where to be found when I'm pleading for a sponsor for camp. Do we even want to grow? Will we not even suffer the thought that abundant life requires dying to self?

James 1:22 (NLT) says "And remember, it is a message to obey, not just to listen to. If you don't obey, you are only fooling yourself."

1 Comments:

  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Russ said…

    You are not alone. Keep your chin up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home